Sunday, April 27, 2008

Grand Theft My Soul

Grand Theft Auto IV comes out on Tuesday. All the reviews coming in are stellar... largely 10 out of 10. Someone averaged the scores of about twenty reviews and it came out to 99.06%. That's reallllllly good.

I've been a fan of the GTA games since III (which, for those of you not in the know, was three games ago), and this one by all accounts is an unbelievable leap forward. Physics engines, fantastic driving, ragdolling bodies with artificial nervous systems, in-depth story with a sympathetic protagonist, insane multiplayer action, a greatly enhanced targeting system, hours and hours of things to do that have nothing to do with the storyline.

I am sitting here gnawing my fingernails down to the second knuckle waiting for this thing to come out. Tomorrow (Monday) I'm going to start calling around and see if I can find a place that's doing a midnight release.

Here's an example of what the physics look like now, in this case being what happens when you crash at high speed on the dirt bike.


I'm salivating like a fire hose with a face.

No comments: